Countdown: 2 days.
On this particular Monday, I will not start classes at IU with all of my dearest friends. I won't rush across campus to make it to my 9:00 a.m. on time while the red clock towers sing me a song. I won't dodge campus buses and bike riders as I cross 3rd street. Welcome week festivities are not on my agenda.
No, on this day I will mark all of my socks with the number 27. After 2 years of desperate searching for quarters, I will be blessed with a laundry service upon my arrival to Spain. This luxury does not come without a high price, however. A "27" identifies my belongings as my own. Veinte-siete. This lovely feature only lasts as long as I'm in the dorms, so I should do my best not to rely too heavily on being temporarily spoiled. After 6 weeks I will move to an apartment where I'm quite sure domestic duties fall to yours truly.
So many unknowns! Where will I find this apartment? Who will I live with? Let's pray for a dashing Romeo down the hall... Girlfriends to sit for hours at a cafe with... a hospital near-by so that I can volunteer my terribly lacking Spanish medical grammar for improvement. All of these things I consider with excitement and a mild sense of fear as I re-fold my numbered socks.
Where did this summer go?
all my love from 8637 Trier Rd, Fort Wayne -
Annie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment